Sunday 20 November 2011

how can you measure beauty?

how can you measure beauty
measure with the likeness of the sun
or look towards the feature
one that has just begun

when I see your smile
I don't know what to do
with your ever lasting love
Roses are almost as beautiful as you

The clear streams running water
the bubble of babbling brook
a sound I cannot measure
or take in with just one look

the White and wild mountains
hold but a cusp of your beauty
and lasting is your laughter
and my love now that you're with me


(roses are almost as beautiful as you - Poem inspired by this line as said to me by a dear friend whom I love greatly.)

3 comments:

  1. Very beautiful poem, the poet who wrote this must be an incredibly beautiful and amazing and stunning person. Wow. Ive just read your whole blog and now Im hooked. Keep writing, love your poems.
    Warm Regards
    A dear fan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disclaimer - i did not write the above beautiful comment. said dear friend did, so, yes some slight bias there.but a truthful reaction and one im greatful for - i also take constructive criisim, and questions so, please coment if you like, dislike, or are confused by any of my poems
    Esme ~

    ReplyDelete